Well so far throughout all of my doctors visits the heartbeat has been at 140-145 and that is the tell-tale beat of a girl, so who knows? People always ask me, do you want a girl or a boy? I honestly do not care at this point, I really, truly just want a healthy baby! I am having the baby at home in my mom's bathtub, and of course people think that I am crazy for wanting to do this but it is my body, my baby, and I will bring it into the world how I choose! Right? Doesn't that sound reasonable? I am well aware of all of the risks and the complications but I am prepared and willing to except whatever comes my way, as long as my baby is healthy then nothing else matters. As far as finding out the sex of my baby.......OF COURSE!! I need to know what to buy! There is this cute bouncy chair that looks SO comfy but it is pink so I have to wait and see if I can buy it or not! Princesses or Superman? I need to know! So I am going to make an appt. three weeks from today to find out! That about concludes this exciting blog entry I just thought that I should talk about the baby a few times given the name of my blog!
1 comments:
Heartrate Sex Predictors: This belief is based on the fact that women usually have higher metabolic rates than men and, therefore, have a slightly higher pulse rate.
Actually, there is no correlation between fetal heart rate and gender -- and it has been studied. This is an "old wive's tale" that will not die.
Having said that, it is fun to try to guess gender based on heart rate, and because we have no other ways of doing this (short of amniocentisis and ultrasound), it is harmless enough.
You will find, too, that as gestation advances and your baby's neurological system matures, the heart rate will slow a bit. So, it looks like we all start out female, which genetically happens to be true.
Happy guessing.
Post a Comment