Well my kiddos are waiting to turn into chickens. We exposed the boys to chicken pox the other week and now we are just waiting around for them to become chickens! That is what happens, right?

In other news, we have been busy, busy hanging out with new friends and just trying to soak up the last little bits of warm weather we can. I have really been trying to make more personal friendships instead of just hanging out at playgroups that way I have friends and London also has buddies. We plan on un-schooling London and are super excited because we are already able to do some things with him now as far as his schooling goes! Today we went to our friend's house and went on a hike. We learned about moles, and spiders. Yesterday we went to Antioch Park and went on a nature hike. We learned what poison ivy looks like, we saw turtles and talked about the difference between tortoises and turtles. We are learning about what the plants look like when the seasons are changing and even what the earth smells like through the season change! I know that London is really young still but it is just proof that you can learn from everyday encounters! We are slowly beginning to stock up on school things for him so we can have the most amazing schooling experience that he will ever want!

I think here soon we are going to try our hand at some more homemade things like baking our own bread and cookies and muffins. We really strive to be as natural as possible in our house. We do not buy anything with high fructose corn syrup we have learned that it has mercury in it and I am not sure why you would knowingly choose to feed that to your children. Although we have been finding that it is in just about EVERYTHING, including whole wheat bread and things that you would not expect it to be in. So I think we will be safer if we just bake all of that stuff ourselves! I just learned today that you can use stevia in place of sugar so I am going to try that out.

I may be posting pictures of our baking adventures soon! That reminds me, I should get the zucchini out of the freezer for zucchini bread!