I love my life. I love my husband, I love our boys. I love our laughter, our love, our consideration towards everyone's feelings no matter how ridiculous we think they may be. Bryan and I are raising our kids with unconditional love, not conditional love. We will never hit our kids, never make them feel like they cannot come to us for help with a problem. We will respect any of their choices that they make as long as they are happy. We will guide them through this earth with love and compassion, and watch them grow to be loving compassionate adults. All of this does not mean we are a quiet family. We do not yell at our kids and Bryan and I never fight, but we are just a loud family. Apparently London has felt the recent need to "fit into" the noise of the household. Remember, he cannot say to many words but he can backtalk like a rockstar.
Example:
He now says no when we offer him something he does not want, great! Now he can talk to us and tell us a little more of what he is wanting! I just wish he would say YES!
When he REALLY does not want to do something that we REALLY have to do (leave the DMV parking lot because people are coming over and we have 45 min, 30 min of which is driving, or when we have to leave our friends house because they have to go too, or when we HAVE to get into the car and go home because we just cannot stay in the grocery store parking lot)he has started to SCREAM at us. The other night Byran was at his other job and I was getting London ready for bed. I went into the bathroom and told him we needed to brush our teeth. He was screaming and freaking out so I had to close the bathroom doors and just wait until he was ready for me to brush his teeth. He stood at the door and SCREAMED through tears, GO GO GO GO, over and over again. Now, London is a very mellow guy, so this shocked me, and it made me giggle.....I giggled while he was screaming. I did not let him know that I was giggling though, I just looked up and he continued screaming at me. Then I brushed his teeth when he was ready and all was well with the world!
We do not want to punish him for having emotions, because he cannot convey them to us like we can do. So we help him cope with his feelings, comfort him through his sadness and then when all is said and done, we will have a conversation about what we were feeling when he was upset. His tantrums are few and far between and I really think that is because he feels respected and validated, but when he does have one, BOY does he!!!
Here are some pictures I finally uploaded to the computer!
0 comments:
Post a Comment