OK so my puppy has gotten really bad with her barking problem and I had enough of it today. She has gotten to the point that when she barks I cannot catch her, yell at her or anything to get her to stop. So this morning was the last straw, I woke up to her barking (of course) at nothing, and I got dressed and rushed to Petsmart to get a no bark collar. I know that some of you might think that to be mean or whatever, but when you are in my situation you would do the same. It's not that she is barking to guard, it's that she is barking because she is anxious and when she barks she barks at nothing, and for a long time. She will not let me get near her, she will not listen or anything! So when I got home I put the collar on and to make sure that it worked, my mom rang the doorbell, she barked, but only once, and freaked out trying to bite at her neck. Then I needed her to bark again just to make sure that this collar wasn't going to malfunction or something and she would NOT bark (until Diesel barked that is!) This time she yelped and ran away. I felt so bad but at least it was working. Here is the thing though, the whole day she would not come when she was called, she hid under the table with her tail between her legs. She would not come to any of us and just was miserable, but when the cable guy came, she did not bark, when she is outside she doesn't bark, so I guess I have to train her to not be scared, which is easier then teaching her not to bark......
1 comments:
I don't know if the collar was off but, she did bark at me when i came in the gate last night after forgetting a few things.
Post a Comment